Thanks to Rob Peck for these instructions on adding a self signed SSL certificate your key chain.
- In the address bar, click the little lock with the X. This will bring up a small information screen. Click the button that says “Certificate Information.”
- Click and drag the image to your desktop. It looks like a little certificate.
- Double-click it. This will bring up the Keychain Access utility. Enter your password to unlock it.
- Be sure you add the certificate to the System keychain, not the login keychain. Click “Always Trust,” even though this doesn’t seem to do anything.
- After it has been added, double-click it. You may have to authenticate again.
- Expand the “Trust” section.
- “When using this certificate,” set to “Always Trust”